Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Willek's Pochade Box

Willek, Marian and Dennis drove up to Maine to paint surf with me along the Marginal Way in Ogunquit.  Willek is a Renaissance man which I sort of suspected and Marian confirmed.  She's been painting with him for maybe... 15 years?


 

When we finished our morning paintings decided to head over to Perkins Cove.  Willek went to his car and fetched this priceless little item that he had made.  He wanted to give to me. Here he is showing me how to use it.  



Tis a simple wooden cigar box.

Open it and you are gazing at a palette with a thumb hole.  


Behind the palette is a black mirror with value viewer, a miniature copper brush washer, an adjustable  brace to angle the lid/easel to your specifications, a plastic one hand flip bottle to hold your mineral spirits, a big clip to hold your panel on your easel/lid and plastic wrap to put over your wet paint on the palette when you need to move to another location!



Here is this little cigar box pochade in action holding one of my 6x6 square panels.  Do I love this or what? !!!!!!


Of course here is Willek using his cigar box while sitting on the dock and half in a dory in Perkins Cove in the warm afternoon sun. He's one of a kind ! I love this guy ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment