Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Wet Paint & Thick Paper

I am trying out new materials to see how they behave.  I am used to doing watercolor sketches on cheap 60 lb. paper.  I liked these papers so much I just had 7 sketchbooks made out of stacks of my paper at Kinkos. So great!   So I will be sketching and painting on cotton this summer.  Here are a few tests I did on 140 lb. and 300 lb. Arches, Somerset & Rives BFK paper.  Paints are Daniel Smith watercolors.




Rocky coast & pines, Schoodic, ME. on Rives BFK 140 lb.




Catching some wind on the Damariscotta River, Damariscotta, ME. on 300 lb.Arches.




Golden grasses & scrub pines on Drakes Island, ME. on 300 lb.Arches.




Rain clouds at sunset, N. Berwick, on 300 lb. Arches. 



Bright sail on John's Bay, South Bristol, ME on 300 lb. Arches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment