Friday, December 3, 2010

The Weather Outside is Frightful...

 Who cares?  I've had way too many times when I questioned my judgement while heading out to paint on one of those gray, moody days with all kinds of things threatening ... then I saw the most amazing things!  So we packed lunch and headed out on a dark day to paint...

Parsons Beach treated us to some great frothy surf and big wind!

On the other side of the dunes the colors of the grasses and old drift wood were lucious.

Jane stopped right in the road and started to sketch.  

The tide was rolling in filling all the marshes around us. 

The wind picked up and the temperature really started to drop.  Jane's water colors froze ...BUT... the artist is the master of invention.. Jane put her paper and paint on the hood of her warm car and viola nice workable paints and a nice dryer to boot!   

With four hours of daylight left we went to a favorite spot on Pine Point. 

Nice, with summer over ....everyone is gone except the occasional painter and a few fishermen.

The harbormaster's office looked very quiet. 


The rain and the fog rolled in making for even a nicer mood. I was painting with my easel inside my car with the tailgate open.  Jane found a nice over hang on the deck of the Rising Tide that kept her out of the rain.  

The tide was now going out, fog was rolling over the marshes and the boats which were floating in the water when we arrived now rested on firm sand.

The wind changed direction. The rain started to blow. Jane moved into her car to paint...

...a cluster of boats moored off the dock.

Our last stop before we left was at the Pine Point Fisherman's Coop. They packed up a nice box of lobsters for Jane to take back home for all those family members longing for a taste of Maine... 

I love my neighborhood ! I can always count on the seacoast to offer color, mood and fast changing weather. Paintings from this trip to be posted soon on PAINT, EAT, SLEEP.

No comments:

Post a Comment