Friday, February 19, 2010

Cliffs, Coves & Mountains

The weather was beautiful on this trip up to Mount Desert Island. It was chilly, no one was around as it was before season and the air was crystal clear. Even the rangers were talking about it. I did all these sketches as I did my first drive through the afternoon we arrived and I decided where I would paint the first day.

The sunset colors on Cadillac Mountain were amazing.


I stopped in Otter Cove at low tide and sketched the sand patterns as the tide swept out.




The pink granite at the Blue Hill overlook had huge cracks in it that were filled with blueberry bushes, pine and mosses of all different kinds.


Above Beaver Pond the ridge had big veins of granite running through it with pines clustered along it. Big puffy clouds blew out to sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment