Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Day I ~ The Plein Air Painters Invitational ~ Kennebunkport

The Maine Art Gallery hosted the Plein Air Painters Invitational as part of Arts in the Inns in Kennebunkport, ME. Thirteen painters arrived from all over the country to paint for 3 days in the Kennebunks and Cape Porpoise. My day's painting schedule started with a bright location in the marshes at Rachel Carson.

For a sketch at Parsons Beach at midday the light and clouds were already changing.


When I parked in the afternoon to paint on the Mousam River it was overcast.


While painting a quick sketch of the Pineapple in dry dock the sun peaked through around 6pm.




I started my last painting of the day at the mouth of the harbor in Kennebunkport at 800 pm. During the day I painted 6x8's, 8x10's and 9x12 's. It was a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment